We all have those days. Either too full, too stressful, too empty..you know just ‘too’ of something. I have little pressure valves that are a bit like tricks up my sleeve that are guaranteed pick-me-ups. I thought it may be time to share my list with you. We can compare notes. I would love to hear yours!
1. A visit to the Apple Trailers Website. Low time commitment; in only a minute or two I can be transported somewhere else. Bring it Michael Bay!
2. Download a new Song to have on replay on my iphone. (This week is “Karma” by Lady) and probably breaking some rule by playing it so much
3. Text a friend and tell them I love and miss them (Nikiya, I am looking at you)
4. Go to a book store, head to the poetry section. Pick out a book of love poems, open to a page and read it like the universe picked it out just for me
5. Give myself 5 extra minutes in the shower to sit, think and meditate
6. Wear a piece of jewelry I usually save for special occasions
7. Drive to the store just to buy a kombucha while playing music super loud in the car. This usually leads to me saying to myself “Yes, I am the chick playing New Order that loud”
8. Go to bed an hour early
9. Make strawberry coconut milk ice cream from scratch
10. Leave the dishes until the morning
There you go. Ten glimpses of some of my very best pick-me-ups. I will say that driving in the car with music playing loud is most likely tied for first place with watching a movie trailer. It is important to have fluff in our lives. Fluff makes the intense stuff more bearable. Since I don’t have the option of eating a pint of Ben & Jerry’s anymore or digging into a cheese pizza, I have transitioned over to more healthy alternatives. 🙂 I think I have done a good job. I am a big believer of taking care of ourselves and I hope you have a list going for yourself. I can say with absolute certainty that I do at least half of the things on this list every week. Self-care can come in a multitude of options and techniques. Feel free to share your lists in the comments. I am sure I will be inspired by you and make my own list 20 times longer in no time!