Here are a few pre-requisite questions to ask yourself if you are considering taking the AIP plunge.
- Have you ever followed a paleo diet before? Many people find a slow transition from a SAD diet to Paleo diet then to AIP is manageable. It is a big change to give up grains and dairy my friends. You don’t want to decide to go full AIP then feel overwhelmed and quit paleo all together. You may be a person who thrives on big change. You would be a candidate for going cold turkey on your present style of eating and plunging into AIP. AIP bootcamp offers a tremendous amount of support! Consider signing up for the 3 week course
- Support. You may not have support for this diet from your healthcare practitioners, spouses, friends or children. That is where we come in. AIP Lifestyle is filled with others who are committing themselves to the same lifestyle as you. You can lean on us
- Amount of time cooking. Most likely will be spending more time in your kitchen. Cooking your food-medicine. You will get lifelong skills out of it however!
- Supplements. Some do well just on the AIP diet. Some get a bit better, but others do not heal as much as they hoped. Some require extra nutritional help.
- Going out to eat will be different. I have to ask a lot of questions before I order off a menu at a restaurant. I am “that person”. You will become one too.
- Become a researcher. There are a lot of resources out there for AIP. Some better than others. Here are our favorite online resources for AIP research.
ESSENTIAL READING LIST FOR AIP:
- The Autoimmune Epidemic by Donna Nakazawa
- Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? By Datis Kharrazian D.C.
- Wheat Belly by William Davis MD
- Digestive Wellness by Liz Lipski
- Why Isn’t My Brain Working by Datis Kharrazian D.C.
- The Immune System Recovery Plan by Susan Blum M.D.
- Broken Open: How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow by Elizabeth Lesser
- Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo